Why choose Pharmacy Technician?
- Get the training needed to assist registered pharmacists in critical tasks in the pharmacy, including record keeping, preparation of medications, and distribution and delivery of medications.
- Pharmacists rely on technicians to provide an extra layer of safety in the dispensing of medication.
- Today’s pharmacies are calling on pharmacy technicians to perform a deeper role with greater responsibility, all under a pharmacist’s supervision.
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
What You'll Learn
Mid-State’s Pharmacy Technician program provides hands-on learning that prepares students to assist licensed pharmacists in safely dispensing prescription medication. Graduates may work in hospital and retail pharmacies, nursing homes, and everywhere medications are prepared.
In this program, you’ll receive both lab and clinical experience in using pharmacy software to build patient profiles, as well as interpret and enter prescriptions. Core program courses are offered via video conference hosted by Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) and are supported by select classes available with Mid-State.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2018/2019 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $5,016.01
- Books: $1,436.40
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $20.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $6,472.41
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program can be taken at Mid-State but is offered through a consortium agreement with Lakeshore Technical College. Complete your FAFSA using school code 0091949. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at Lakeshore for more information.
Please see the Pharmacy Technician Program Information Guide for course information.
Dave is a licensed registered pharmacist. He earned bachelor’s degrees in pharmacy and medical microbiology, as well a master’s in vocational and technical education, from the University of Wisconsin. His ongoing collaborations with pharmacy practice sites ensure a robust, high quality, and student-centered program.
"It is a pleasure to be preparing pharmacy technicians for leadership roles in both hospital and community pharmacies throughout Wisconsin."
- Community Pharmacy Technician
- Hospital Pharmacy Technician
- IV Pharmacy Technician
- Lead Pharmacy Technician
- Senior Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician Admission Procedures
To apply to the Pharmacy Technician program, please submit the following documents to Lakeshore Technical College (LTC):
- Complete an LTC application form and return it with the $30 non-refundable application fee. Check is payable to LTC.
- Complete the Accuplacer or ACT test. If a student does not meet the required test scores, they may retest or complete an identified structured course(s) in the Learning Commons. Minimum scores required (ACT equivalent of scores is acceptable):
- Reading-Accuplacer score of 55
- Sentence Skills–Accuplacer score of 70
- Math–Accuplacer score of 50
- Complete a Background Information Disclosure (BID) form and submit $16 for Caregiver Background check. The Wisconsin Caregiver Law requires a background check.
- Complete a Health form and immunization records.
- Read, sign, and return the Functional Abilities Statement of Understanding Form.
- Read, sign, and return the sign-off sheet for the Pharmacy Technician Program Handbook.
- Complete a telephone program advising session with a LTC Counselor.
- Upon receipt of the above materials, you will be accepted to Lakeshore Technical College. LTC will then notify you of additional program requirements.
Mid-State Technical College
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
“It is a pleasure to be preparing a highly trained pharmacy technician work force that improves health and advances the entire practice of pharmacy throughout Wisconsin.”
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.