Emergency Medical Technician
Why choose Emergency Medical Technician?
- EMTs are crucial members of first-response teams who administer life-saving care to the critically ill and injured.
- Learn all aspects of emergency medical care, both medical and trauma situations, sanctioned by the Wisconsin Division of Health, at the basic level.
- Get the hands-on practice needed to gain confidence in your skills for life-threatening situations.
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program at Mid-State prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed to work as an entry-level EMT.
This hands-on 180-hour program consists of classroom lectures, practical skill labs, laboratory simulations, and pre-hospital clinical experiences. Successfully completing the program qualifies you to take the National Registry of EMT’s certification exam required to apply for state licensure. Graduates of the Emergency Medical Technician technical diploma may advance into either the EMT-Paramedic program or Paramedic Technician program.
Mid-State's Emergency Medical Technician program prepares students to obtain the required licensure to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. The College does not guarantee its curriculum matches the requirements for preparation, examination, or licensure for other states.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2022/23 academic year.
- Tuition & Fees: $896.30
- Books: $195.00
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $661.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $1,752.30
Financial Aid Eligibility
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Ambulance Services
- First Responder
- Hospital/Emergency Department
- Industry Safety Department
- Urgent Care
- Accreditation Information
2017 Student Outcomes Data
Student Outcomes Mid-state Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs Threshold National Registry Pass Rate 92% 70% Program Retention 92% 70% Positive Job Placement 100% 70%
- Additional Resources
"Mid-State’s EMS programs foster holistic education by introducing students to current professional guidelines, patient-centered goals, and knowledge of how to implement our education locally and nationally.”
JOHN PAUL VELASCO
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.