Why choose Barber Technologist?
- Barber shops are back in style! Barbering has built its comeback on a movement that is here to stay, opening up a whole new pocket of opportunity in personal services.
- Are you a resourceful people person who strives for attention to detail? If so, a rewarding career in barbering may be right for you.
- Classes are delivered through a combination of face-to-face and online lessons.
- This program meets the Wisconsin state barbering requirement of 1,000 hours of training.
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
The Barber Technologist program at Mid-State is a part-time program that gives students hands-on training in the techniques they need to thrive in barbering.
Through a combination of online and face-to-face classes, as well as hours in Mid-State’s on-campus salon, you’ll learn both traditional and modern cutting and styling, safe use of common barber shop chemicals, and professional shaving techniques. This program meets the Wisconsin state barbering requirement of 1,000 hours of training and is regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Expected Program Costs
Cost based on the 2019/2020 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $3,934.25
- Books: $344.50
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $1,715.50
- Total Estimated Cost: $5,994.25
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is eligible for full Financial Aid.
|30502701||Haircutting for Barbers||4.00|
|30502703||Introduction to the Barber Profession||2.00|
|30502730||Barber Client Services 1||2.00|
|30502706||Hairstyling for Barbers||2.00|
|30502731||Barber Client Services 2 Part A||1.00|
|30502702||Facial Hair & Skin Care Services for Barbers||2.00|
|30502704||Haircoloring for Barbers||2.00|
|30502705||Chemical Texturing for Barbers||2.00|
|30502732||Barber Client Services 3||2.00|
|30502733||Barber Client Services 4 Part A||1.00|
|30502722||Business Management for Barbers||1.00|
|30502737||Barber Client Services 2 Part B||1.00|
|30502734||Barber Client Services 5||2.00|
|30502744||Barber Client Services 4 Part B||1.00|
STACY BROCK, BA
Stacy Brock has over 15 years of experience as a barber/cosmetologist. She has owned her own salon and also taught at the State College of Beauty Culture in Wausau. She holds a bachelor’s degree in human resource management from Concordia University in Wisconsin.
“Work hard in silence and let your success make the noise.”
- Barber retail/wholesale sales
“The Barber Technologist program Mid-State fit my needs perfectly. It prepared me to obtain my state barber’s license and gave me new friendships that will last a lifetime.”
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.