the flag of the united states of america, blue rectangle with 50 white stars in the upper left, 13 alternating red and white stripes horizontal everywhere else. Fluttering in a breeze.


A veteran - whether active duty, national guard or reserve, retired, or discharged from any of these - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount of 'up to and including my life'"
- Author Unknown

Get started with your education!

1. Talk with your County Veterans Service Officer

Every county in Wisconsin has a County Veterans Service Officer who can provide information and assistance in obtaining state and federal veterans benefits, programs, and services.

2. Explore Mid-State’s programs

Need help choosing a career? Check out these Mid-State resources for career exploration.

3. Talk to Mid-State’s VA officer

We’re here to assist veterans activate their educational benefits. Contact our VA Officer:

Financial Aid/Veterans Staff
Wisconsin Rapids Campus

500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
Email us

P: 715.422.5300 ext. 4355
F: 715.422.5545

4. Apply for admission

Admission refers to the process of applying for acceptance into a program at Mid-State. Complete Mid-State’s Admissions Process.