Military & Veterans Benefits
Veterans who have earned eligibility for benefits through active military service, selective reserve, or National Guard may be certified to receive veterans benefits through Mid-State's Financial Aid Office or the County Veterans Service Office. State and federal benefits programs include Post 911 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill®, Dependents, Selective Reserve, National Guard, VA Vocational Rehabilitation, and Wisconsin GI Bill® Tuition Remission. Most Mid-State programs are approved for benefits from state or federal programs.
Christina Whitworth, Financial Aid & Veteran Benefits Coordinator
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
- Chapter 33 Transferability Process for Dependent or Spouse
- Easy Guide for Federal Veterans Benefits (USDVA)
- Enrollment Verification for Federal GI Bill® (WAVE)
- Federal GI Bill® Benefits
- GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- GI Bill® Pamphlet
- GI Bill® FAQ or Ask a Question
- GI Bill® Updates
Military Tuition Assistance Programs
*Eligible Service members must receive approval from an Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling.
- Check WI GI Bill® Certification Status
- Job Center of Wisconsin
- Office of Veterans Services
- Vet Ed Online Application
- WI Air and Army National Guard Benefits Handout
- WI Department of Veterans Affairs
- WI Department of Veterans Affairs - Programs & Services
- WI GI Bill® Brochure and Application Process
- Wisconsin Veteran Employment Resources
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Recruiting Service Members
Mid-State Technical College refrains from providing any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.