Get the Career Help You Need
Career Services at Mid-State provides personalized career planning services that connect education and the world of work for Mid-State students and alumni.
Contact us to learn more about the many ways we can support you along your career journey, including:
- One-on-one career coaching
- Job search preparation
- Résumé development
- Cover letter writing
- Interviewing strategies
- Mock interviews
- Job-seeking assistance
- How to start your new job
- LinkedIn profile creation
- Career assessments
Need an honest opinion on your résumé? Need your résumé reviewed for a class assignment? Head over to our Résumé Resources page for steps to getting your résumé reviewed and edited by an expert.
Attending a Career Services workshop is a great way to learn more about how we can help you reach your career goals. Visit the Career Services Events page for a list of this year’s workshops.
Your next great career opportunity is on Wisconsin TechConnect!
Wisconsin TechConnect is your online connection to employers looking to hire you. All Mid-State graduates and students actively enrolled in an associate degree or technical diploma program are eligible to register.
Wisconsin TechConnect allows you to:
- View job openings and receive emails of job listings matching your program.
- Post your résumé online for employers to view when they post a job matching your program.
- View a list of matching jobs as soon as you log in to your Wisconsin TechConnect account.
- See how many times your résumé has been viewed by employers.
- Search all job listings and get more customized results with expanded search features.
Visit Wisconsin TechConnect.
Online Resources for Current Students
The Career Services Resource Center on Blackboard is every Mid-State student’s one-stop shop for help on a variety of career topics. There you’ll find career information via links to relevant websites, related news articles, samples, video-based seminars, career coordinator-created documents, and discussion boards for students to ask questions and communicate with each other.
How to access the Career Resource Center on Blackboard:
1. Log into your Blackboard account.
2. Click on the Mid-State Community tab.
3. In the Organization Catalog, choose student services.
4. Hover over Career_Services2 and click on the dropdown menu that appears.
5. Choose self-enroll, and follow the steps to enroll.
Note: After self-enrolling, the Career Services Resource Center will show up under the My Organizations on the Mid-State Community Page when you log into Blackboard.
Need a career-related service that isn’t listed on this page? Please let us know! Chances are we can either provide the service or connect you with the right resource.