Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources – Updated 6.3.2020
Get the Career Help You Need
Career Services at Mid-State provides personalized career planning services that connect education and the world of work for Mid-State students and alumni.
Contact us to learn more about the many ways we can support you along your career journey, including:
- One-on-one career coaching
- Job search preparation
- Résumé development
- Cover letter writing
- Interviewing strategies
- Mock interviews
- Job-seeking assistance
- How to start your new job
- LinkedIn profile creation
- Career assessments
Need an honest opinion on your résumé? Need your résumé reviewed for a class assignment? Head over to our Résumé Resources page for steps to getting your résumé reviewed and edited by an expert.
Attending a Career Services workshop is a great way to learn more about how we can help you reach your career goals. Visit the Career Services Events page for a list of this year’s workshops.
Your next great career opportunity is on Wisconsin TechConnect!
Wisconsin TechConnect is your online connection to employers looking to hire you. All Mid-State graduates and students actively enrolled in an associate degree or technical diploma program are eligible to register.
Wisconsin TechConnect allows you to:
- View job openings and receive emails of job listings matching your program.
- Post your résumé online for employers to view when they post a job matching your program.
- View a list of matching jobs as soon as you log in to your Wisconsin TechConnect account.
- See how many times your résumé has been viewed by employers.
- Search all job listings and get more customized results with expanded search features.
Online Resources for Current Students
The Career Services Resource Center on Blackboard is every Mid-State student’s one-stop shop for help on a variety of career topics. There you’ll find career information via links to relevant websites, related news articles, samples, video-based seminars, career coordinator-created documents, and discussion boards for students to ask questions and communicate with each other.
How to access the Career Resource Center on Blackboard:
1. Log into your Blackboard account.
2. Click on the Mid-State Community tab.
3. In the Organization Catalog, choose student services.
4. Hover over Career_Services2 and click on the dropdown menu that appears.
5. Choose self-enroll, and follow the steps to enroll.
Note: After self-enrolling, the Career Services Resource Center will show up under the My Organizations on the Mid-State Community Page when you log into Blackboard.
Need a career-related service that isn’t listed on this page? Please let us know! Chances are we can either provide the service or connect you with the right resource.