COVID Information and Resources - Updated 1.19.2021
Get the Virtual Career Help You Need
Career Services at Mid-State provides personalized career planning services that connect education and the world of work for Mid-State students and alumni.
Contact us to learn more about the many ways we can support you along your career journey, including the following virtual meetings on the Microsoft Teams platform:
- Virtual one-on-one career coaching session
- Virtual résumé review session (also available via email exchange)
- Virtual cover letter development session (also available via email exchange)
- Virtual interviewing strategies session
- Virtual mock interview session
- Job-seeking assistance (Handshake)
- Virtual career workshops
- Virtual LinkedIn profile development session
Virtual Résumé Reviews
Seeking an honest opinion on your résumé and cover letter? Make an appointment today to have your résumé and cover letter critiqued via email or in a virtual chat session with a career services specialist.
If you have any questions or scheduling issues, please call and leave a message at 715.422.5366.
Attending a Career Services workshop is a great way to learn more about how we can help you reach your career goals. Visit the Career Services Events page for a list of this year’s workshops.
Find internship, part-time, and full-time jobs submitted by employers who have an interest in hiring Mid-State students and alumni.
- Search and apply for positions specifically targeted to your program of study.
- Once you create your free account, you can access the site from anywhere. If you’re a current student log in with your Mid-State network user name and password. Alumni can create an account to get started.
- Be sure to upload your résumé so employers can also find you.
- Remember to check back often, as the site is continually updated with new opportunities.
Online Resources for Current Students
The Career Services Resource Center on Blackboard is every Mid-State student’s one-stop shop for help on a variety of career topics. There you’ll find career information via links to relevant websites, related news articles, samples, video-based seminars, career coordinator-created documents, and discussion boards for students to ask questions and communicate with each other.
How to access the Career Resource Center on Blackboard:
1. Log into your Blackboard account.
2. Click on the Mid-State Community tab.
3. In the Organization Catalog, choose student services.
4. Hover over Career_Services2 and click on the dropdown menu that appears.
5. Choose self-enroll, and follow the steps to enroll.
Note: After self-enrolling, the Career Services Resource Center will show up under the My Organizations on the Mid-State Community Page when you log into Blackboard.
Need a career-related service that isn’t listed on this page? Please let us know! Chances are we can either provide the service or connect you with the right resource.