Mid-State is making good progress in restarting our IT Systems. Students with classes scheduled for Wednesday, 9/30/20 and Thursday, 10/1/20 will be contacted regarding the status of their classes. Campuses Remain Open. Updated 9/30/20 | 12:45 p.m.
Cover Letter Resources
A cover letter should be 1/3 to 2/3 of an 8-1/2 X 11 sheet of paper and should be on the same size, grade, and color of paper as your resume. Your personal information at the top of the cover letter should look exactly as the resume; see the cover letter example for more details. Proofreading is essential. Use proper sentence structure and correct spelling and punctuation. Write a separate letter for each application. Content should be customized to address the specific needs of the employer and position.
Cover Letter Outline
Your personal information
Name of individual you are writing to
Name of Company
City, State, Zip Code
- Explain the reason for writing the letter
- State specifically which job you are applying for (include job number if known)
- List information source (e.g., Wisconsin TechConnect, JobNet, referral person, advertisement)
Identification of Skills & Experiences
- Identify two of your strongest qualifications and clearly state how they relate to the job
- Explain why you are interested in this position, company, location, etc.
- Explain what you can do for the employer, not what the employer can do for you
- Show that you know about he company, their products, and reputation
- Tell the employer you are interested in interviewing for the available position
- Refer to your resume for their review
- Thank the employer for their time and consideration