Take Advantage of Scholarships
The Mid-State Technical College Foundation, Inc., administers 491 different scholarships, awarding nearly $275,000 to our students every year that never has to be repaid. These awards range from $200–$2,000 per student, with the average award in the $500–$1,000 range. For most of our students, receiving a scholarship of this amount is an important piece of the debt-free puzzle and well worth the time it takes to apply.
Everything you need to apply for scholarships and the Sponsor a Scholar program is on this page. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Foundation & Alumni office.
When to Apply
Be sure to apply during an active application window. Find yours below by choosing the school year you wish to attend.
- For 2023–24 School Year
Area High School Students
Planning to attend Mid-State in fall of 2024 (August 2024):
- Scholarship Application Window: Monday, December 11, 2023 – Friday, January 19, 2024
- Disbursement: September 2024
New and Continuing Students
Planning to attend Mid-State in fall of 2023 (August 2023):
- Scholarship Application Window: Monday, April 17, 2023 – Friday, May 26, 2023
- Disbursement: September 2023
Planning to attend Mid-State in spring of 2024 (January 2024):
- Scholarship Application Window: Monday, September 25, 2023 – Friday, October 13, 2023
- Disbursement: February 2024
How to Apply
For the vast majority of scholarships available, including the Sponsor a Scholar program, there is just one general application to complete. Once submitted, you will automatically be considered for all of the Mid-State scholarships you are eligible for.
To apply for scholarships, including Sponsor a Scholar, follow the link below, and log in with your Mid-State credentials.
Help with the Application
Need help writing your scholarship application? We're here for you! Check out the following opportunities and resources for help completing and submitting your application.
- The Write Tools: Scholarship Tips and Tricks
Whether you plan to attend Mid-State or not, view this presentation about tools and tips to writing a scholarship essay that tells your story!
- Additional Resources for Current Mid-State Students
- Be sure to visit the LiNK for assistance.
- If interested in feedback before submitting your scholarship essay, contact financial resource counselor Shawn Zee, or schedule an in-person or virtual appointment.
In addition to the Mid-State scholarship opportunities you'll apply for through the general application, we also encourage you to apply for any additional miscellaneous scholarships offered by external organizations that you may qualify for.