Transcript Request

Your Mid-State Technical College transcript is the official record of your grades. Transcripts are confidential and cannot be released without your authorization. Please follow the directions below to request your official Mid-State transcript or access your unofficial transcript.

Requesting Official Transcripts 

Official transcripts are needed to transfer credit to another college/institution and occasionally are requested by employers. Requests for Mid-State transcripts are made through Credentials Inc., a secure online service designed to safely and efficiently process your request.

What you'll need

To request an official transcript, you will need a credit/debit card and an email address. Financial obligations to the college must be met for transcripts to be issued.


There is a $6 charge per transcript for regular delivery. Federal Express delivery is also available for an additional fee.

Automatic authorization

When completing your request via the Credentials system, you will fill out certain information to “authorize” or prove that you are the student requesting the transcript. Your order may qualify for “Automatic Authorization” if all the following conditions are met:

  • You attended Mid-State after 1983.
  • The billing name on the credit card used to place the order matches both your name on the order and your name in Mid-State’s records.
  • The social security number and birthdate provided in the order matches your Mid-State records.
  • There are no attachments that need to be included with your transcript.

If the conditions for automatic authorization are not met, you may be asked to submit a signed form authorizing the release of your transcript before your order can be processed.

Credentials Inc. will notify you when your order has been successfully authorized.

Regular delivery orders are processed in 1–2 business days after authorized plus USPS mailing time if not delivered electronically.

Placing Your Order

Request an official Mid-State transcript.
Check the status of your official transcript order.

Get help or talk to someone about your request

If you have questions about placing an order or want to talk to a person about the status of your order, please speak with a customer service representative at Credentials by calling 847.716.3005, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 pm. (CST), Monday–Thursday, and 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Friday.

Request an Unofficial Transcript

Unofficial transcripts are generally for personal use or to meet with an advisor. Viewing/printing unofficial transcripts is available online through MyMSTC for current students and alumni—free of charge:

  • Sign into MyMSTC. (If you have forgotten your ID and/or password, you are welcome to call the Student Services & Information Center (888.575.6782) during normal business hours or the 24/7 Help Desk (877.469.6782) to request unofficial transcripts.)
  • Click the Student Center link in the Self Service menu.
  • Choose View Unofficial Transcript from the dropdown menu on the homepage, then click the double arrows (>>).

GED®/HSED Transcript or Duplicate Certificate/Diploma Requests

If you need a transcript or a duplicate of a Certificate of General Educational Development® (GED) or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) completed in Wisconsin, submit an order form to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. There is a $15 fee for the certificate, diploma, or transcript.

Mail the order form along with your check or money order to:

Business Office
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
PO Box 7841
Madison, WI 53707-7841

Credit card order forms can be faxed to 608.267.9275.

Accuplacer Score Report Request

Instructions to request your Accuplacer Score Report.