Mid-State is making good progress in restarting our IT Systems. Students with classes scheduled for Wednesday, 9/30/20 and Thursday, 10/1/20 will be contacted regarding the status of their classes. Campuses Remain Open. Updated 9/30/20 | 12:45 p.m.
- Research company before going to interview.
- Review your resume and qualifications for the job.
- Prepare answers to broad questions about yourself.
- Practice for the interview with a friend, relative, or the career services office.
- Prepare a list of five to seven questions to ask the interviewer.
Make a Great First Impression
- Dress appropriately and appear well groomed.
- Arrive 10 - 15 minutes early.
- Have extra resumes with you.
- Treat all secretaries and receptionist politely - they are important allies.
- Respond promptly, concisely, and completely.
- Use good manners. Learn the name of your interviewer and give a firm handshake as you meet.
- Use Proper English - avoid slang.
- Smile. Be enthusiastic and show interest in the position.
- Sell your skills and what you can bring to the position.
- Don't criticize former employers and co-workers.
- Thank the interviewer when you leave and send a thank you letter.