Why choose Hospitality Management?
- The perfect career for those who are passionate about tourism, lodging, and food service as well as understand the importance of quality experiences for guests.
- Learn how to apply your teamwork and leadership skills to the complex and interesting world of travel and tourism.
- Enjoy a career that combines creativity with problem solving and customer service.
What You'll Learn
Through Mid-State’s Hospitality Management program, students will develop a wide array of skills useful in various roles within hospitality and tourism, including a fundamental understanding of food service operations, hospitality sales and marketing, events planning, management principles, customer service, effective communication, and creative thinking.
Students in this program engage in various activities and learning opportunities surrounding hospitality and tourism. You will plan events, produce sales and marketing projects, draft budgets, apply culinary skills and plan menus, practice effective management and customer service, and participate in an industry-related internship.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2021/2022 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $9,370.02
- Books: $2,315.45
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $0.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $11,685.47
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is eligible for full Financial Aid.
|10316112||Sanitation for Foodservice Operations||1.00|
|10801136||English Composition I||3.00|
|10809103||Think Critically & Creatively||3.00|
|10106106||Quality Customer Service||3.00|
|10109105||Hospitality Concept Development||3.00|
|10109157||Internship-Tourism, Lodging, Guest Services||1.00|
|-or-||10804118||Intermediate Algebra with Applications||4.00|
|10109110||Room Operations Division||3.00|
|10316160||Catering and Special Event Planning||3.00|
|10109130||Hospitality Sales and Promotion||3.00|
|10109134||Cost Control-Revenue Management||3.00|
|10109158||Internship-Culinary, Food/Beverage, Special Events||1.00|
|10196193||Human Resource Management||3.00|
|10109107||Hospitality Law and Liability||3.00|
|10809166||Intro to Ethics: Theory & Application||3.00|
|10809198||Intro to Psychology||3.00|
- Food and Beverage Director
- Hospitality and Tourism Coordinator
- Sales and Service Manager
- Hotel/Resort Front Desk Receptionist
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Hospitality Guest Services Representative
“We couldn’t be happier that Mid-State has recognized a significant need for a quality Hospitality Management program in central Wisconsin. Many of the management positions at SentryWorld require a degree in those respective fields. Graduates with culinary degrees or hospitality management degrees are highly sought after and have the opportunity to grow within our organization.”
GENERAL MANAGER, SENTRYWORLD
STEVENS POINT, WI
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.