COVID Information and Resources - Updated 1.19.2021
Why choose Farm Operation?
- Analyze research-based best practices to decide what works best in farm management situations.
- Learn from industry experts, participate in on-farm labs to learn new skills, and network with other farmers and industry partners.
- Interested in earning a bachelor’s degree? For transfer opportunities, visit mstc.edu/transfer.
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
What You'll Learn
The Farm Operation program at Mid-State prepares graduates to confidently run the day-to-day operations on a dairy farm. You’ll learn about livestock and their products, livestock diseases and prevention, quality milk and meat production, soils, crop production, and more.
This hands-on program features agribusiness professionals who share their knowledge directly through presentations, demonstrations, and tours. Course topics include best practices for farming, such as how to manage farm records, farm computerization, critical facts about financial credit, creating a business plan, and marketing.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2020/2021 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $4,196.21
- Books: $51.25
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $0.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $4,247.46
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid.
|10080105||Intro to Soil Science||3.00|
|10091102||Intro to Animal Science||3.00|
|10093102||Intro to Precision Agriculture||3.00|
|10090101||Agriculture Business Management||3.00|
|10093104||Principles of Crop Management||3.00|
|10003101||Agricultural Diesel Engine Systems||3.00|
|10006102||Agribusiness Equipment & Facilities||2.00|
- Agricultural Manager
- Agriculture Sales
- Dairy Equipment Service Technician
- Farm Manager
- Herd Manager
“Mid-State’s Farm Operation program was a great learning experience for me. I now apply almost everything I learned in everyday farming practices.”
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.