COVID Information and Resources - Updated 1.19.2021
Why choose Administrative Professional?
- Are you a good communicator? Learn to be a great one who is able to adapt to different personalities and work styles of managers, executives, and coworkers you assist or work with.
- Develop the skills needed to become the office expert who drives the team forward and uses high-tech tools to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Administrative professionals are the second-highest in demand, according to job openings posted on Wisconsin TechConnect.
- This program can be completed entirely online.
- Interested in earning a bachelor's degree? For transfer opportunities, visit mstc.edu/transfer.
401 North Main Street
Adams, WI 53910
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
Graduates of Mid-State’s Administrative Professional program are known for being adaptable and well prepared for today’s workforce. Students learn to create and edit correspondence, work with customers, develop research reports, handle private or confidential records, and more.
The program emphasizes fundamental knowledge of software applications, customer service skills, and the expert operation of a variety of office technology and equipment. You’ll experience hands-on learning through the organization of high-profile events.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2020/2021 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $9,275.62
- Books: $2,377.95
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $500.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $12,153.57
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is eligible for full Financial Aid.
|10801136||English Composition I||3.00|
|10106106||Quality Customer Service||3.00|
|10809172||Introduction to Diversity Studies||3.00|
|10106158||Proofreading & Editing||2.00|
|10106140||Business Information Management||3.00|
|10106150||Administrative Office Procedures||3.00|
|10106172||Digital Communication Technology||3.00|
|10102101||Intro to Business||3.00|
|-or-||10804118||Intermediate Algebra with Applications||4.00|
||10809196||Intro to Sociology||3.00|
|-or-||10809122||Intro to American Government||3.00|
|10106162||Graphics & Print Media||3.00|
|10104107||Social Media Marketing||3.00|
|10106180||Advanced Software Applications||3.00|
||10809198||Intro to Psychology||3.00|
|10106135||Supervised Field Experience||2.00|
SHARON BEHRENS, AAS, BA, MBA, MEd
Sharon earned an MEd from National-Louis University and an MBA from Walden University. She has many years of office experience to share and a passion for technology. She keeps her skills current as an active member of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP). Sharon also attends conferences and authors and edits software textbooks and other instructional materials for leading publishing companies. She also serves as club advisor to the Mid-State chapter of Business Professionals of America (BPA).
“I enjoy getting to know my students and find it invigorating to see their skills and confidence evolve through the many hands-on opportunities available.”
- Administrative Professional
- Administrative Specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Medical Administrative Professional
- Office Coordinator
- Research Assistant
"Since graduating, I have had two jobs—one of which I was offered the day after graduation, and both in the field I chose. I love what I do."
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.