Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
Why choose Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)?
- Interested in a welding career but don’t have any formal training? Start your career change today.
- Learn techniques specific to the GMAW process in multiple welding positions.
- Use up-to-date welding equipment found in industry.
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
Varying Class Schedule
Length of Program: 1 semester or less
Start Dates: Fall or Spring
Keep Going to Earn a Technical Diploma: Welding
What You'll Learn
Estimated Entire Certificate Cost
Cost based on the 2023/24 academic year.
- Tuition & Fees: $1,113.00
- Books: $107.25
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $100.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $1,320.25
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid. Explore other ways to help pay for college.
High school students are eligible to enroll in this program and all courses required. Learn more about Mid-State Fast-Track.
Take the Next Step
“The Welding program at Mid-State taught me the important skills, techniques, and values that make it possible for me to succeed in the welding and fabrication field."
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.