Meat Cutting and Butchery
Why choose Meat Cutting and Butchery?
- You are interested in pursuing a career as a butcher or in retail meat sales.
- You currently work at a meat processing plant or retail meat store and want to learn more about processing, or you would like to sell retail meats directly from your production agriculture operation or open your own meat processing operation.
- Experience hands-on training with meat cutting and butchering, including knife skills and selection.
- Includes meat processes such as portioning for retail, smoking, grinding, curing, and brining.
- Learn the skill of identifying meats for quality and value add.
- Learn sanitation regulations and standards, and complete the ServSafe certification exam.
- Scholarships to cover the tuition for this program are available on a limited basis.
Spring 2023: Auburndale High School
Fall 2023: Pittsville High School
Length of Program: 5 months
Start Dates: Fall or Spring
What You'll Learn
Estimated Entire Certificate Cost
$0 (includes tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or exams)
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid. Full scholarships are available for this program through one or more grants to promote education and training in meat cutting and butchery.
Take the Next Step
“The instructors are great. They are encouraging and always want to see their students succeed—they’re proud when they see students achieving their goals.”
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.