Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement 720 Academy
Why choose Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement 720 Academy?
- Gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to be effective in criminal justice and meet the challenges of our changing society.
- Apply your skills and knowledge to maintain peace, protect property, and be ready at a moment’s notice to restore order.
- Looking for a career with variety? On any given day, a police officer may be called upon to respond to a crime in progress, help a person in crisis, assist in a medical emergency, handle a traffic crash, or enforce traffic laws. Law enforcement officers also interview suspects and witnesses, provide referral services, and work with community members.
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
This program is specifically designed for students with a minimum of 60 college credits who seek to meet the certification requirements necessary to become a law enforcement officer in the state of Wisconsin.
Mid-State's Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement 720 Academy prepares students to obtain state certification to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. The College does not guarantee its curriculum matches the requirements for preparation, examinations, or licensure for other states.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2022/23 academic year.
- Tuition & Fees: $4,261.65
- Books: $0
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $1,012.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $5,273.65
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is eligible for prorated Financial Aid based on length of program and/or number of credits. Aid may not be enough to cover all program costs.
|30504503||Overview of Criminal Justice||1|
|30504510||Overview of Tactics||1|
|30504500||Overview of Patrol Response||2|
|30504508||Principles of Investigations||1|
|30504509||Principles of Tactics||5|
|30504504||Principles of Emergency Vehicle Response||2|
|30504507||Application of Traffic Response||3|
|30504502||Application of Investigations||1|
|30504506||Overview of Investigations||2|
|Term Total||22 Credits|
|Program Total||22 Credits|
- Police Officer
- Conservation Officer
- Deputy Sheriff
- Civilian Law Enforcement Employee
- Conservation Enforcement
- Correctional Officer
- Homeland Security
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Park Ranger
- Private Security
- Public Defender Investigator
- State Trooper
- Who Can Apply and How
The next academy is scheduled to start on August 5, 2022.
- Minimum Standards
As set forth in Wisconsin State Statute and Chapter LES 2, of Wisconsin Administrative Code:
Law Enforcement Basic Training Academy - LESB Minimum Standards
- Additional Information
- Technical Standards
“I am honored to be a part of the Mid State criminal justice studies team. The chance to help educate, mentor, and train the future law enforcement officers of this state is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.