Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources – Updated 3.30.2020
Why choose Nursing Assistant?
- Use your great communication skills to act as the important link between patients and their nurses and doctors.
- Nursing assistants are the most directly responsible for helping patients, providing the most basic care and comfort.
- This program is recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services as both a nurse-aide training program and competency evaluation program.
401 North Main Street
Adams, WI 53910
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
The Nursing Assistant program at Mid-State provides hands-on learning that prepares students to assist in the care of patients in hospitals, extended care facilities, and home care situations.
This 120-hour program includes online learning, campus lab experiences, and a 40-hour clinical practicum working with patients and residents. Skills labs ensure students have opportunities to practice skills under the supervision of experienced professionals. Personal care and emotional support of patients are always primary considerations. Upon completion of the course, students may choose to take the state certification exam.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2019/2020 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $465.57
- Books: $103.30
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $270.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $838.87
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Hospice Aide
- Personal Care Worker (PCW)
“Mid-State’s individualized, friendly, and thorough training led to my job as a certified nursing assistant and prepared me to enter medical school. It also made me shine among my peers and be truly comfortable caring for patients”
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.