Cougars are more than fast—they know exactly when to pounce. Did you know you could become a Mid-State Cougar while you’re still in high school and speed up your time to a college degree?
Most Mid-State certificate and degree programs are now open to qualified high school juniors and seniors through Mid-State Fast-Track.
As a Fast-Track student, you can...
- Earn high school and college credit at the same time, typically at no cost to you.
- Work toward your associate degree or technical diploma before you graduate from high school.
- Enjoy Mid-State’s legendary support and services right away, such as priority course registration, academic advising, new student orientation, and more.
- Sample college life while you take a big first step toward a bachelor's degree and a solid career.
- Explore Mid-State’s Options
If you have a sense of what you want to study after high school, Mid-State Fast-Track may be a great way to get there faster and save money along the way. Take these first steps to set your plan in motion:
- Explore Mid-State’s programs
- Tour campus
- Contact a recruiter to complete an Individualized Pathway Plan
- Talk to Your High School Counselor
Deciding to take college and high school classes at the same time can be a big commitment! Be sure to talk with your high school counselor to confirm that Mid-State Fast-Track:
- Fits within your academic and career planning goals
- Does not conflict with your existing high school course and co-curriculars
- Apply to a Program
Mid-State Fast-Track is great for students who already have a clear idea of which program they'd like to pursue. Find out if you are eligible by checking the Fast-Track tab on your program's web page. Then refer to the program's application steps and deadlines to apply.
Funding Opportunity: If you attend a public high school, you may be able to apply for funding through the state's Start College Now program. Applications must be submitted by October 1 (spring start) or March 1 (fall start).
- More About Funding
Most Mid-State associate degree and technical diploma programs are now open to qualified high school juniors and seniors through Mid-State Fast-Track. You may be eligible to take these credits at no cost!
- Complete a Start College Now application and submit it to your high school counselor. Deadlines: October 1 (spring start); March 1 (fall start)
- Upon school district approval, submit approved Start College Now applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Mid-State Technical College
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
- Please consider any school district deadline or requirements before submitting your application to Mid-State.
Questions: Contact recruitment or call 715.422.5413