COVID Information and Resources - Updated 5.25.2021
Stainless Steel Welding
Why choose Stainless Steel Welding?
- A skilled stainless steel TIG welder can build a career in stainless steel fabrication or pursue additional training in welding to learn how to work with other materials and techniques.
- Welders with strong skills in TIG welding are in high demand.
- A great career choice for those with mechanical aptitude and problem-solving ability.
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
What You'll Learn
Mid-State’s Stainless Steel Welding program prepares students for entry-level employment as a stainless steel welder in production, construction, manufacturing, and servicing industries.
Experienced instructors will teach you basic TIG (tungsten inert gas) welding of stainless steel as well as fabrication, print reading, and more. Instruction will combine lecture with hands-on practice, giving you the confidence you need to start your career in this rewarding field. Graduates may also choose to continue their education in the Welding program.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2020/2021 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $1,219.38
- Books: $136.50
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $30.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $1,355.88
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid.
- Production Line Welder
- Stainless Steel Welder
- TIG Welder
- Construction Welder
- Fabricator Maintenance Welder
- MIG Welder
- Pipeline Welder
- Structural Welder
- Welding Repair
“The Stainless Steel Welding program has given me the skills to step out into the workforce in welding. I have been offered many positions and am now working for a successful, well-established company.”
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.