Why choose Tax Preparation?
- You have a desire to learn about tax preparation for personal and/or business purposes.
- May lead to personal savings on tax preparation expenses or self-employment as a tax professional.
- Provides a start on the fast track to other professional career opportunities.
- Supports career stability—there will always be a need for tax professionals.
- Provides necessary training for successful completion of tax paperwork for individual and/or organizational tax accounting purposes.
- Coursework includes cooperative learning activities and income tax projects.
- Students will obtain a foundation to build on to take the Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) industry credential certification exam in the future through the Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation.
Online (anytime, anywhere)
Length of Program: 1 semester or less
Start Dates: Fall
Keep Going to Earn an Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Accounting
What You'll Learn
Estimated Entire Certificate Cost
Cost based on the 2023/24 academic year.
- Tuition & Fees: $943.20
- Books: $529.45
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $0
- Total Estimated Cost: $1,472.65
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid. Explore other ways to help pay for college.
High school students are eligible to enroll in this program and all courses required. Learn more about Mid-State Fast-Track.
Take the Next Step
"The Accounting program at Mid-State equipped me to handle the many real-world tasks I see on a daily basis in my work as a controller."
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.