Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
Why choose Advanced Emergency Medical Technician?
- EMS teams are the heroes first on the scene and most qualified to make a life-or-death difference for the critically ill or injured.
- Learn the skills needed to provide advanced preliminary treatment and transport patients to a medical facility for further treatment if necessary.
- Qualify to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians’ certification exam required to apply for state licensure.
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
Designed for those who possess a valid Wisconsin EMT license, the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) program at Mid-State prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed to work as an entry-level AEMT, with an understanding of the basic and advanced use of equipment found on an ambulance and ability to care for critical and emergent patients.
This program consists of asynchronous lectures, practical skill labs, laboratory simulations, and pre-hospital clinical experiences. Successfully completing it qualifies you to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians’ certification exam required to apply for state licensure. Graduates of the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician technical diploma may advance into either the EMT-Paramedic program or Paramedic Technician program.
Mid-State’s Advanced Emergency Medical Technician program prepares students to obtain the required licensure to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. The College does not guarantee its curriculum matches the requirements for preparation, examination, or licensure for other states.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2021/2022 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $790.84
- Books: $0.00
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $749.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $1,539.84
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Department Technician
- Urgent Care Technician
"The education and hands-on training I received from Mid-State thoroughly prepared me for my career. I found it easy to transition from a student to a successful full-time paramedic."
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.