Liberal Arts-Associate of Science
Why choose Liberal Arts-Associate of Science?
- The University Transfer program provides degree-to-degree transfer where universities grant junior status and waive general degree requirements. Fulfills many bachelor’s degree general education requirements—transfer individual courses or the completed University Transfer Liberal Arts-Associate of Science degree. Courses transfer to public and private colleges and universities, both inside and outside Wisconsin. For transfer opportunities, visit mstc.edu/transfer.
- Possible bachelor’s degree majors include architecture, business, communication, education, engineering, health, information technologies, mathematics, sciences, and social sciences.
- Signifies achievement of diverse skills and knowledge that are valued in today’s work environments with an emphasis on science and mathematics.
- Allows you to take classes close to home with a fall, spring, or summer start.
Students who complete this associate degree have the benefit of guaranteed degree-to-degree transfer, where universities grant junior status and automatically waive specific lower-division requirements, such as general degree requirements, regardless of individual courses taken at Mid-State Technical College.
The Liberal Arts degree programs at Mid-State allow students to obtain an associate degree that transfers to numerous colleges and universities, including many campuses in the University of Wisconsin system. Students will receive all the cost savings and the convenience of a complete liberal arts transfer degree while taking classes at a Mid-State campus, online, or via web conferencing.
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
Students in the Liberal Arts-Associate of Science (University Transfer) program take courses to meet the general requirements of a four-year degree, just like at a four-year campus. Through inquiry, observation, and analysis, students gain knowledge and skills in the arts and sciences, enabling them to broaden their perspective, increase problem-solving skills, and express themselves effectively in both writing and speaking. Students take courses within a core curriculum, with an emphasis on science and mathematics.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2021/2022 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $9,166.10
- Books: $1,906.95
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $0.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $11,073.05
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is eligible for full Financial Aid.
Please see the Liberal Arts - Associate of Science Program Information Guide for course information.
MEGAN BLOUNT, BS, DC
LAUREN EBBECKE, BA, MS
DEBORAH KRAUSE, BS, MS, PhD
MEGAN KUNDINGER, BS, MS
DESIAH MELBY, BA, MST
MICHELLE PERIA, BA, MA, PhD
JILL QUINN, BA, MA, MFA
BETH SPINDLER, BS, MAM
JON STEELE, BA, MBA
KELLY SOCZKA STEIDINGER, BA, MA
BRADLEY WEISS, BS, MST
“The Liberal Arts associate degrees at Mid-State offer an incredible value in many dimensions. The courses in these programs are geared toward key skills employers are seeking and truly prepare students to stand out as strong employment candidates.”
MANAGER OF CORPORATE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.