Liberal Arts-Associate of Arts
Why choose Liberal Arts-Associate of Arts?
- The University Transfer program provides degree-to-degree transfer where universities grant junior status and waive general degree requirements. Fulfills many bachelor’s degree general education requirements—transfer individual courses or the completed University Transfer Liberal Arts-Associate of Arts degree. Courses transfer to public and private colleges and universities, both inside and outside Wisconsin. For transfer opportunities, visit mstc.edu/transfer.
- Possible bachelor’s degree majors include business, communication, education, fine arts, history, international studies, literature, public relations, and social sciences.
- Signifies achievement of diverse skills and knowledge valued in today’s work environments with an emphasis on social science and humanities.
- Allows you to take classes close to home with a fall, spring, or summer start.
Students who complete this associate degree have the benefit of guaranteed degree-to-degree transfer, where universities grant junior status and automatically waive specific lower-division requirements, such as general degree requirements, regardless of individual courses taken at Mid-State Technical College.
The Liberal Arts degree programs at Mid-State allow students to obtain an associate degree from Nicolet College that transfers to numerous colleges and universities, including every campus in the University of Wisconsin system. Up to 30 of the program’s 60 credits can be Mid-State courses—the remainder are completed with Nicolet College. Students will receive all the cost savings and the convenience of a complete liberal arts transfer degree while taking classes at a Mid-State campus, online, or via web conferencing.
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
Students in the Liberal Arts-Associate of Arts (University Transfer) program take courses to meet the general requirements of a four-year degree, just like at a four-year campus. Through inquiry, observation, and analysis, students gain knowledge and skills in the arts and sciences, enabling them to broaden their perspective, increase problem-solving skills, and express themselves effectively in both writing and speaking. Students take courses within a core curriculum, with an emphasis on social sciences and humanities.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2021/2022 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $9,618.98
- Books: $1,985.95
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $0.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $11,604.93
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program can be taken at Mid-State but is offered through a consortium agreement with Nicolet College. Complete your FAFSA using school code 008919. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at Nicolet for more information.
Please see the Liberal Arts - Associate of Arts Program Information Guide for course information.
MEGAN BLOUNT, BS, DC
LAUREN EBBECKE, BA, MS
SUSITHA KARUNARATNE, BS, MS
DEBORAH KRAUSE, BS, MS, PhD
MEGAN KUNDINGER, BS, MS
DESIAH MELBY, BA, MST
MICHELLE PERIA, BA, MA, PhD
JILL QUINN, BA, MA, MFA
MEGAN SOKOLOWSKI, BA, MA
BETH SPINDLER, BS, MAM
JON STEELE, BA, MBA
KELLY SOCZKA STEIDINGER, BA, MA
BRADLEY WEISS, BS, MST
“The Liberal Arts associate degrees at Mid-State offer an incredible value in many dimensions. The courses in these programs are geared toward key skills employers are seeking and truly prepare students to stand out as strong employment candidates.”
MANAGER OF CORPORATE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.