Dare to Be Different
Breaking free of traditional career paths can result in greater job satisfaction and opportunity beyond expectations. High-skill, high-paying career opportunities abound in non-traditional occupations.
The time is now! Discover non-traditional career opportunities. It’s never too early to plan your future.
What Is a Non-Traditional Occupation (NTO)?
NTO careers are defined as occupations in which 75 percent or more of the workforce is of the opposite gender. For example, women in welding, criminal justice, or engineering, and males in nursing or early childhood education.
Why Choose a Non-Traditional Occupation?
- Satisfying and challenging work
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Satisfying and rewarding work in a diverse environment
- Higher salary and benefits
- Occupational fit to your personality, interests, and abilities
NTO Programs at Mid-State
NTO students at Mid-State receive the support they need to be successful, and they can even join the NTO Club to get involved and develop strategies for overcoming challenges in their career. The programs listed below qualify as NTO programs at Mid-State.
- Agribusiness and Science Technology
- Automotive Technician
- Civil Engineering Technology - Highway Technician
- Construction Trades
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement 720 Academy
- Criminal Justice - Studies
- Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician Assistant
- Electrical Power Engineering Technician
- Farm Business & Production Management
- Farm Operation
- Health Information Management
- Industrial Mechanical Technician
- Industrial Automation & Controls Engineering Technology
- IT Computer Support Specialist
- IT Network Specialist
- IT Security Specialist
- IT Software Developer
- Machine Tool Technician
- Paramedic Technician
- Renewable Energy Technician
- Urban Forestry Technician