Picture Yourself in Health Sciences
Is this you?
- Interested in science and math
- Compassionate, committed, and caring
- Good communication skills
Planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development are all functions of health science careers.
- Able to adapt and learn
- Strong work ethic and teamwork
- Customer-service oriented
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- All full- and part-time instructors maintain industry-recognized credentials.
- Students benefit from strong partnerships between Mid-State and community organizations.
- Dual Credit opportunities at many area high schools let students get a jump start on their college education and save money on tuition.
- Provides many opportunities to earn credit for prior learning as well as seamless transfer to four-year colleges.
- High-fidelity simulation provides experiential learning.
- Includes hands-on clinical experience at potential employment sites.
- 80 percent or more of graduates are employed within three months of graduation.
“Our students bring a wealth of personal experience to the classroom. Each one enriches the learning environment and makes all of us better.”