Picture Yourself in Health Sciences
Is this you?
- Interested in science and math
- Compassionate, committed, and caring
- Good communication skills
Planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development are all functions of health science careers.
- Able to adapt and learn
- Strong work ethic and teamwork
- Customer-service oriented
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- All full- and part-time instructors maintain industry-recognized credentials.
- Students benefit from strong partnerships between Mid-State and community organizations.
- Dual Credit opportunities at many area high schools let students get a jump start on their college education and save money on tuition.
- Provides many opportunities to earn credit for prior learning as well as seamless transfer to four-year colleges.
- High-fidelity simulation provides experiential learning.
- Includes hands-on clinical experience at potential employment sites.
- 80 percent or more of graduates are employed within three months of graduation.
More Ways to Explore
“I love to see students maximizing their potential in everyday class interactions and applying their new-found knowledge to further the health of their own community.”