Workforce Advancement Training Grant
Fund Your Workforce Training Needs with a WAT Grant
The Workforce Advancement Training (WAT) grants provide millions of dollars in grant funding to Wisconsin employers. These grants are exclusively distributed through the Wisconsin Technical College System. Mid-State Technical College will work with you to evaluate your workforce training needs and apply for the grant on your behalf.
Training under these grants must focus on occupational skills but can include a combination of occupational, academic, and employability topics or courses. Grants are also awarded for market expansion or business diversification services to established Wisconsin businesses.
- The Big Picture
- Grants will be awarded to upgrade the skills and productivity of employees of established businesses operating in Wisconsin, with the additional objective of supporting regional workforce and economic development efforts.
- Awarded funds promote increased investment in the development of incumbent workers, improve Wisconsin businesses’ productivity and competitiveness, augment the state’s economic base, support career pathways and expand technical college training and technical assistance services to businesses and industry.
- Training must focus on occupational skills but can include a combination of occupational, academic, and employability topics or courses. Grants will also be considered for market expansion or business diversification services to established Wisconsin businesses.
- Instruction to be provided using Mid-State Technical College resources and capacity.
- Grants are awarded through a competitive process.
- Employer Requirements
Employers will be active partners committing resources to assure project success and achievement of training outcomes. Employers will:
- Begin training within 90 days of the grant award notification.
- Deploy on-site coaching, development planning, and performance support when appropriate to reinforce and sustain newly acquired workplace skills.
- Invest company training funds to cover indirect, administration, and non-allowable training costs.
- Report performance outcomes via the WTCS Economic Impact Survey within 30 days of project completion.