Picture Yourself in Manufacturing
Is this you?
- Like to work with your hands
- Mechanically inclined
- Curious about how things work
- Enjoy solving problems
Careers in manufacturing involve planning, managing, and performing the processing of materials into intermediate or final products and related professional and technical support activities such as production planning and control, maintenance, and manufacturing/process engineering.
- Ability to adapt and continue to learn
- Critical-thinking skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- State-of-the art labs and equipment allow students to learn on the same equipment used in the industry.
- Programs are designed based on input from our industry partners.
- Hands-on projects provide the right mix of classroom and individual instruction in the lab.
- Students attend industry tradeshows and tours to make connections in their field and solidify their career choice. The use of cutting-edge manufacturing technology becomes a reality to the student through these experiences.
“Teaching in a technical college is a two-way street. I share my experiences with my students, and each student brings insight and experience as well. This cooperative dynamic enriches the learning for all of us.”