Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
Picture Yourself in a Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Career
- Have a knack for fixing things
- Curious about how things work
- Love hands-on work
- Enjoy solving problems
- Take pride in a job done right
Automotive Maintenance Technician
Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician
Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician Assistant
Careers in transportation, distribution, and logistics involve planning, management, and movement of people, materials, and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail, and water, as well as related professional and technical support services such as transportation infrastructure planning and management, logistics services, and mobile equipment and facility maintenance.
- Strong work ethic
- Able to follow detailed directions
- Students learn on state-of-the-art diagnostic/electrical tools, and a high percentage of class time is hands-on, real-world shop experience.
- Automotive program is Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified, and graduates get credit towards their ASE work experience.
- Instructors are ASE Master Certified and have years of industry experience.
- Thanks to strong partnerships with area businesses, training reflects the needs of local employers.
- Small class sizes allow one-on-one training opportunities between students and instructors.
More Ways to Explore
“There is nothing better than the ‘aha’ moment with a student, that moment when a concept ‘clicks.’ I love that Mid-State’s environment creates those moments for students on a regular basis."