Transfer Credit

You may be able to earn transfer credit from college coursework you completed at other accredited institutions of higher learning. Mid-State’s Credit for Prior Learning services are here to help.

Your courses may transfer if the following conditions are met:

  • The course is identified on an official college transcript.
  • The course being transferred is equivalent in rigor and content.
  • A grade of "C" or above was earned in the course.

Get Started with Transferology

Transferology shows how courses you have taken (or plan to take) transfer to another college or university for credit. It's a great way to start finding out which of your completed courses will transfer to Mid-State. Try Transferology—it's free!

  • Go to the Transferology website.
  • Sign up with your email and a password you create.
  • Look for Will my Courses Transfer? and follow steps to search for your college and specific courses.
  • Click Search for Matches to see which courses transfer to Mid-State Technical College.
  • Matched courses will display a Mid-State course/catalog number after the search is complete.

If your school or course is not listed on Transferology, it does not mean your credit will not transfer. It simply means an official evaluation will need to be completed.

Credit Transfer Evaluation

A credit transfer evaluation is the best way to determine how courses you have completed elsewhere will transfer to Mid-State.

To transfer credit from a previously attended college or university, you'll need to submit your official transcripts to Mid-State for evaluation. To be considered official, transcripts must be sent from the previously attended college or university directly to Mid-State. (Official college transcripts will always display the signature of the registrar.)

Request Official Transcripts:

  • Refer to the website of the college or university you attended for instructions on how to request and send your official transcripts.
  • If you need to provide an email address to have an electronic copy of your transcripts sent, please use
  • If you need to provide an address to have a hard copy of your transcript mailed, please use:

Attn CPL
Mid-State Technical College
1001 Centerpoint Dr.
Stevens Point, WI 54481

If you have questions about requesting your official transcripts or transfer of credit, please complete our Credit for Prior Learning Request Form. A Mid-State representative will follow up with you to keep the process moving forward. We look forward to helping you get from there to here!

Credit for Prior Learning Request Form