COVID Information and Resources - Updated 5.25.2021
LEARN to Earn
Mid-State Balance Forgiveness Program
LEARN to Earn is a special program that helps former Mid-State Technical College students complete their degree through past-due balance forgiveness.
All of the following requirements must be met in order to participate in the program:
- Students who have not attended Mid-State for one or more terms
- Students who have not earned a credential from Mid-State
- Students who have a past-due account balance
- Students whose debt has not been turned over to state collections
How Does It Work?
- For every six credits successfully completed, $250 will be forgiven from the participant’s past-due balance.
- If there is a remaining past-due balance from prior to re-enrollment, it will be forgiven upon graduation.
- Register for a minimum of six credits each term.
- Continuously enroll each term to continue forgiveness of the past-due balance.
- Complete the FAFSA or sign up for an automatic withdrawal payment plan.
- Complete an Academic Success Plan with your academic advisor.
- Meet each semester with a financial resource counselor.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Apply for Mid-State scholarships within the current application window.
- Apply to a degree program by January 11.
If you have any questions, please contact Zach Popp (715.422.5512).