IT Software Developer Apprenticeship
Software developers analyze user needs and develop computer software solutions, often customized for client use and optimal efficiency.
IT software developers typically:
- Create, develop, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Work Conditions
Software developers generally work in an office environment. They may have to work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines and resolve problems and may be required to travel to meet with clients. They spend a majority of their time using computers and viewing computer monitors.
- 2-year program
- 3,675 hours of on-the-job learning
- 360 hours of paid related instruction
- Additional related instruction as may be required
- Application Requirements
To qualify for this apprenticeship opportunity, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Employer: Meet entry requirements of employer (varies)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Application: Applicants apply directly to participating employers
If you meet the application requirements listed above, do the following to get started:
- Obtain direct employment through a company that operates an apprenticeship program or a similar sponsorship.
- Contact Cole Schmidt to learn about the application process:
Apprenticeship Advisor & Pathways Navigator
Mid-State Technical College / Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
Contact | Schedule Appointment