Board Appointment Process
The District Board appointment process occurs on an annual basis. Board members are appointed by county board chairpersons from the eight counties within Mid-State’s District (Wood, Portage, Adams, Clark, Jackson, Juneau, Marathon, and Waushara). Each year three members are appointed to serve three-year terms beginning July 1.
The appointment process, gives equal consideration to the general population distribution of the Mid-State District as well as the distribution of women and minorities.
The following vacancies will occur on the Mid-State Technical College District Board on July 1, 2022.
- One Additional Member: three-year term, expiring June 30, 2025
- One Employer Member: three-year term, expiring June 30, 2025
- One Employee Member: three-year term, expiring June 30, 2025
- One Additional Member: one-year term, expiring June 30, 2023
To be considered eligible for appointment, applicants must:
- Reside within the Mid-State District.
- Submit a completed application/affidavit:
- Must be notarized.
- Must include a one page single-spaced statement describing your reasons for seeking appointment to the Board.
- Submit two letters of reference supporting your candidacy.
- Submit all completed materials prior to application deadline.
- Attend the mandatory appointment meeting / public hearing, in person, to be interviewed.
- 2021 Plan of Representation
- Board Appointment Application/Affidavit
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Board Meeting Schedule
- District Board Policies