Construction Trades Academy
The Construction Trades Academy at Adams-Friendship High School is a two-year academy that allows high school students to take Dual Credit courses and receive the Construction Trades technical diploma prior to high school graduation—at no cost!
How the Construction Trades Academy Works
In two academic years, students can earn 12 credits and complete the technical diploma through Dual Credit and Start College Now options within their high school.
By completing this technical diploma, you will have multiple career options and pathways to choose from, including:
- Continue your education in the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) or renewable energy industries.
- Start your career as a construction laborer.
- Pursue a registered apprenticeship opportunity: Carpenter, Construction Electrician (ABC), Construction Electrician (IBEW-NECA), Plumber, or Steamfitter Apprenticeships.
Students participating in this free program save $2,408.01, the estimated entire program cost to complete the Construction Trades technical diploma.
|Catalog Number||Course Name||Credits|
|10601140||Electricity for the Construction Trades||2|
|10482107||Construction Fundamentals (dual credit)||2|
|10476171||Safety for Construction Trades (dual credit)||1|
|10442117||Welding Fundamentals 1 (dual credit)||1|
|10601130||Blueprint Reading for Construction||2|
|10890102||GPS for Student Success||1|
- Fall – Welding Fundamentals 1 (dual credit)
- Fall – Blueprint Reading (evening offering at Adams Campus or high school)
- Spring – Electricity for the Construction Trades (evening offering at Adams Campus or high school)
- Fall – Construction Fundamentals (dual credit)
- Safety for Construction Trades (This certification is obtained within the Construction Fundamentals course by testing out through a credit for prior learning option. Exam fee may apply.)
- Fall – GPS for Student Success (dual credit/online)
- Spring – Piping Applications (evening offering at Adams Campus or high school)