How to Make the Most of Scholarships—Step 1: Apply!
The Mid-State Foundation administers 275 different scholarships, awarding over $200,000 to our students every year. These awards range from $200–$2,000 per student, with the average award in the $500–1,000 range. For most of our students, receiving a scholarship of this amount is an important piece of the debt-free puzzle and well worth the time it takes to apply.
Everything you need to get started is on this page. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Foundation & Alumni office at 715.422.5322.
Tips and resources:
- Best results for viewing Scholarships – Right click -> Save As to save a copy. Open PDF with Adobe Reader
- Hints for completing scholarship applications
- How to submit your application via Mid-State student email
- How to create digital ID in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
Continuing Education Scholarships (2017–2018)
These scholarships are available to current Mid-State students who will be continuing in their program in fall of 2017. Awards are for the academic year, usually divided into two payments (August and January). One application is all you need to apply to many continuing education scholarships at once.
Deadline to apply: All Continuing Education Scholarship applications for the 2017–2018 school year must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017.
Mid-State academic programs are now organized according to focus areas known as “schools.” To get started, find the academic school your program belongs to below, and access the hyperlinked form for electronic application.
- School of Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Application (66 scholarships) – Civil Engineering Technology-Highway Technician, Electrical Power Engineering Technician, Industrial Automation & Controls Engineering Technology, Industrial Mechanical Technician, Machine Tool Technician, Stainless Steel Welding, Welding
- School of Business & Technology Application (59 scholarships) – Accounting, Administrative Professional, Barber Technologist, Business Analyst, Business Management, Computer Support Specialist, Cosmetology, Court Reporting, Customer Relationship Professional, Health Information Management, IT Network Specialist, IT Software Developer, Marketing, Medical Coder, Medical Office Specialist, Microsoft System Administrator, Office Support Specialist
- School of General Education & Learning Resources Application (42 scholarships) – Liberal Arts-Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts-Associate of Science
- School of Health Application (58 scholarships) – Central Service Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate Degree Nurse, Medical Assistant, Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Paramedic Technician to Associate Degree Nurse, Pharmacy Services Management, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Respiratory Therapist, Surgical Technologist
- School of Protective & Human Services Application (50 scholarships) – Corrections & Community Advocacy, Criminal Justice-Studies, Early Childhood Education, Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Services Management, EMT-Paramedic, Fire Protection Technician, Gerontology, Health & Wellness Promotion, Paramedic Technician
- School of Transportation, Agriculture, Natural Resources, & Construction Application (55 scholarships) – Agribusiness and Science Technology; Automotive Maintenance Technician; Automotive Technician; Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician; Farm Business & Production Management; Farm Operation; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning; Renewable Energy Technician; Urban Forestry Technician
Other Scholarships (2017–2018)
- Cost Cutters Scholarship (for graduating Cosmetology students)
- Marshfield Kiwanis Club Scholarship (Marshfield Campus students only)
- Marshfield Sunrise Rotary New Horizons Scholarship (Marshfield Campus students only)
- Miscellaneous scholarship opportunities