Credit for Prior Learning

Credit for Prior Learning

At Mid-State Technical College, we recognize the knowledge and skills that you may have gained through your previous education, work, life, and military experiences. We want to make sure you receive credit for what you already know and accelerate the completion of your educational goals!

Credit for Prior Learning credits may include: transfer of credits from approved, post-secondary institutions; credit by examination; high school, military or occupational experience/training; articulated high school credit. Mid-State has agreements with many area high schools to grant advanced standing for selected high school courses.

Students are required to complete 25% of their program credit requirements at Mid-State. The remaining 75% of credits may be earned through various types of credit for prior learning.

Questions regarding the process can be directed to:

Alex Lendved
Credit for Prior Learning Coordinator

High School - Advanced Standing 
AP, CLEP and ACT-PEP - Credit by Standardized Examination
Credit for Military Educational Experience
Credit for Prior Learning Appeal Process
LPN/Paramedic to ADN
Mid-State Test Credit
Transfer of Credit
Work Experience Credit