Financial Aid

Financial Aid

A complete program of financial resources is available to Mid-State Technical College students. By filing a FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid), funds are available each year through federal, state, local, and private sources in the form of loans, scholarships, grants, and work study programs. FAFSA forms are also available in Spanish - contact the Financial Aid Office or your local Learning Commons for a FAFSA worksheet. Visually impaired students Student Aid Audio Guide available on CD from the Financial Aid Office in Wisconsin Rapids.

Mid-State's Title IV School Code is 005380

Financial Need

Financial need is determined by an analysis of the difference between a student's expected financial support and estimated total cost of attending Mid-State (based on average student costs). The Financial Aid Office uses an average annual living budget to reflect anticipated costs for room and board, personal expenses, and transportation. These costs are in addition to the average costs for tuition, fees, books, and supplies, based on the number of credits taken.

Note: Tuition is based on a state-mandated tuition rate. Books and supplies are payable at the point-of-purchase and are not included on the tuition and fees bill. General education textbooks are available for rental, which may reduce estimated book fees. Some programs require students to purchase equipment or tools in addition to textbooks. Students should also plan for graduation fees, liability insurance, uniform service, testing, and other fees where applicable.

Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements:

  • United States citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Working toward an eligible degree or diploma
  • Making satisfactory academic progress
  • High school diploma, GED® test, HSED, or certification of Home School Completion
  • Registered with Selective Service (male students 18 and over)
  • Submit an application and have financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office
  • Not owe a repayment of Financial Aid or be in default on a federal education loan