Blackboard is used by most distance education courses. Many face to face courses at MSTC also use Blackboard to provide a single place for the students to go for content, resources, turning in assignments, and more.
Password Reset Information
Previous Students - Passwords expire every 90 days and must be changed following the steps below.
New Students - If you have NEVER logged into the network on campus or Blackboard, you will need to do this to establish a password.
Step 1 - Logging into the Password Reset tool
- Go to https://password.mstc.edu.
- Domain username will be is your 8 digit student id.
- Click "Go."
Domain password will be your
- New Student - The first two letters of the first name with the first letter capital, the first two letters of the last name with the first letter capital, and the last four of the SSN#. E.g. JoDo3333
- Previous Student - expired or old password
- Click “Continue.”
Step 2 - Enrollment Wizard for Password Reset tool
- Click “Continue” to begin the Enrollment Wizard.
- Pick a security picture.
- Type your Security Word - at least 6 characters
- Click “Finish.”
Step 3 - Changing your password (Blackboard/network/email)
Type current domain password
- New student - The first two letters of the first name with the first letter capital, the first two letters of the last name with the first letter capital, and the last four of the SSN#. E.g. JoDo3333
- Previous student - expired or old password
- Click "Go."
Type NEW domain password
- Password must be at least 6 characters long and contain at least 1 capital letter and one number or non-letter character.
- Password cannot contain any part of your user name or last five passwords.
- Click “Go.”
- Click “Log Off/Exit.”