Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources – Updated 6.3.2020
Campuses will appoint representatives to lead the SLB. These representatives shall be a voice for the students, as well as a face for the college. Representatives’ duties shall include:
- Chair the meetings of the General Session and the Executive Committee using Roberts Rules of Order procedure.
- Conduct business, not otherwise provided for, that may arise between meetings.
- Act as liaison to Mid-State Technical College Board and administration.
- Record all proceedings and roll call of all related meetings.
- Submit the minutes of each formal meeting to the advisor within five business days.
- Conduct such correspondence as directed by the Student Leadership Board advisor.
- Present plans and policies to the Student Leadership Board for approval.
- Act upon such matters that require immediate attention between full meetings.
- Promote needed legislation.
- Recommend removal of any officer or member for cause.
- Provide up to 25 hours of paid assistance for meetings, events, or community services per semester as approved by the SLB advisor. Receive $10 per hour up to $250 per semester.
- And all such other duties as would normally befall this committee.
What previous Campus Representatives had to say about their experience:
Danielle Alinea – Renewable Energy Specialist; Wisconsin Rapids Campus
“As a campus representative, I felt involved with my school. I enjoyed helping at events and seeing staff and students I knew from outside of my program. It was a great networking tool and a gain on my resume. I am proud of my school so therefore I felt a pride and responsibility while representing Mid-State Technical College.”
Virginia London – Marketing; Stevens Point Campus
“My position as campus representative has been a fantastic motivator to keep me in touch with the student population. This position has also helped me get to know all of the faces I see on campus daily. I've thoroughly enjoyed having an input in what goes on at our campus!”
Laci Lenten – Nursing; Marshfield Campus
“Being a campus representative has been a great experience. It allowed me to be active on the Marshfield campus and network with faculty and students from other programs that I wouldn't have otherwise known. I had a voice in choosing what activities and giveaways take place on our campus and also had opportunities to volunteer during the activities, which was a fun experience.”
Looking to join the team? Fill out the application and return to your SLB. advisor by Friday, October 13.