COVID Information and Resources - Updated 1.19.2021
Farm Business & Production Management
Why choose Farm Business & Production Management?
- Learn and fine tune technological, production, and financial skills to increase farm profit, including analyzing research-based knowledge used to make individual farm business decisions.
- Network with experienced farmers and industry, government, and UW-extension experts, all while staying local.
401 North Main Street
Adams, WI 53910
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
Stevens Point Campus
1001 Centerpoint Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54494
What You'll Learn
Mid-State’s Farm Business & Production Management program teaches the skills needed to be competitive in agriculture and maximize profits. You’ll learn how to identify your farm’s strengths and weaknesses, analyze farm records to uncover hidden opportunities, apply proven marketing techniques, and more.
Classes are offered fall and winter and include instruction in the classroom, on the farm, and via group tours. Topics include crop production, soil management, and financial planning and analysis as well as the feeding, breeding, and management of livestock.
Estimated Entire Program Cost
Cost based on the 2020/2021 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $2,951.87
- Books: $51.25
- Supplies, Uniforms, and/or Exams: $0.00
- Total Estimated Cost: $3,003.12
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is NOT eligible for Financial Aid.
- Dairy Equipment Service Technician
- Farm Manager
- Feed Sales & Service
- Fertilizer & Chemical Applicator
- Field Crop Scout
- Field Crops Worker
- Field Equipment Operator
- Livestock Artificial Inseminator
- Livestock Herdsman
- Livestock Nutritionist
- Milking Parlor Manager
- Nutrient Management Technician
“The agricultural programs at Mid-State have been of great value to me as I start my farming career. The combination of in-class instruction, on-farm guidance, and the ability to network with other farmers has given me the facts and resources needed to meet the demands of the dairy industry. I would definitely recommend these programs for practical-based knowledge.”
Choose Your Path
Career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. Earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. Continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.