COVID Information and Resources - Updated 1.19.2021
Summer Manufacturing Camp
A Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs Event
Mid-State’s Summer Manufacturing camp introduces middle and high school students (primarily students enter 9th and 10th grades) to exciting career choices in today's manufacturing and the basic entrepreneurial concepts and skills needed in the industry.
Participating students will:
- Explore hands-on skills common to several manufacturing trades and processes through state-of-the-art facilities.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) and 3D printing software to design a product.
- Produce your products using a variety of techniques and equipment that are used in manufacturing careers.
- Interact with team members, local manufacturing business leaders, and entrepreneurs to increase your understanding of the modern manufacturing environment.
- Participate in tours of regional manufacturing facilities.
Summer Manufacturing Camp is a Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs® (NBT) event. NBT is the charitable foundation of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International® (FMA).
Explore Materials, Develop Skills, Utilize Tools & Technology, and Discover a Career.
Monday, August 5 – Thursday, August 8
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Drop-off and pre-camp activities available between 7:30–9:00 a.m.)
2600 West 5th Street
Marshfield, WI 54449
$59 per student, with lunch included. (Scholarships are available.)
My child is interested in Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs. Please fill out this form even if the current dates do not work for you; we may offer a second session this summer.
Register today! Space is limited to the first 12 registrants.
If you have questions or would like to request a scholarship, contact the continuing education manager (715.422.5426 or 715.459.7869).
If you have a disability and require accommodations to participate in this activity, contact the event coordinator as soon as possible, ideally 14 days in advance.