Transcripted Credit

Transcripted Credit

Your future, your choice, START earning college credits as a high school student

A transcripted credit course is an articulation agreement between a high school and MSTC in which students may receive both high school credit and technical college credit for specific classes. Upon completion of a transcripted credit course, students receive an official MSTC transcript.

Transcripted credit (also known as "technical college course credit" or "dual credit") is a MSTC course taught by a WTCS certified high school teacher at the high school.

Information for High School Staff

Information for High School Students

High School Transcripted Credit classes will provide you with information about classes available at your high school. Talk with your school counselor or with the teacher of the class(s) you want to take to confirm the availability of the course for Transcripted Credit.

If you will be attending MSTC, the Transcripted Credit class(s) you’ve taken will be applied to your transcript. Students may also request a transcript to be sent to another college.

For more information, please contact MSTC’s High School Career Coach, Xiong Vang, at or 715.422.5521


Reasons Businesses Should Hire an MSTC Graduate

Employer-based program advisory committees
88% of us work in-state following graduation
We are tech savvy
We have the soft skills you desire
We receive skills/insight from industry leaders
You get a high-quality and job-ready employee

Frequently Asked Admissions Questions


How do I know if I’ve been admitted to a program?

Once you have completed all admissions requirements, you will receive a letter indicating you have been accepted.

Do college graduates still need to provide high school transcripts?

Yes, but only if your program requires transcripts.

Do I need to take an entrance assessment to be admitted to MSTC & my program?

MSTC requires most new students to complete the Accuplacer prior to acceptance into a program.

Do I need to be admitted to a program to take classes at MSTC?

No. Anyone can register for most General Studies classes.

If I’ve taken the Accuplacer or ACT in the past, can MSTC use those scores?

Yes. The scores can be used if the test has been taken within the past five years.

MSTC needs a copy of my transcripts. Can I send a copy of the one I have?

No. MSTC requires all transcripts to be official.

What are official transcripts?

Official transcripts are transcripts with the school's seal sent directly from the school you attended previously.

How does MSTC tuition compare to tuition for a four-year public university?

On average, an MSTC education costs 45% less than two years at a public university.

When can I take the Accuplacer?

The Accuplacer is offered on a daily basis

Will a GED or HSED be accepted in lieu of a high school diploma?

Yes. Contact the institution that awarded your GED/HSED and have them send your test scores directly to MSTC.

Is there a fee to take the Accuplacer?

Yes. There is a $20 fee to take the Accuplacer.

I applied to MSTC in the past. Do I need to repay my application fee?

The $30 application fee is a one-time fee.

Is there an Application for Admission deadline?

MSTC continuously accepts applications for admission.

How do I apply to a program?

Click on How to Apply above to get started!