Payment & Refund Policies
- Classes may be added through the first week of class meetings. Classes added after the first week require instructor/dean approval.
- Classes dropped before 10% of the class meetings have occurred will not be reflected on the student’s transcript.
- A grade of W (withdrawal) is issued if the class is dropped after 10% but before 90% of the class meetings having occurred. After 90% of the class meetings have occurred, a grade of F is assigned. The effective date of a drop is determined by the date the Office of Student Records receives the Drop/Add Form or phone call from the student, or the date the student completes the drop transaction for a class online. The form is then entered into the student data system based on the date of receipt. Grades and refunds will be calculated based on the effective date of the class drop. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain and retain a copy of the drop form.
- Within a semester, a student who drops one section of a course and, at the same time, enrolls in an equivalent section of the same course shall not receive a refund of course fees for the dropped section or be charged course fees for the added section. An equivalent section is defined as a course offered for the same credit value, is subject to the same dollar amount of student fees, and is at substantially the same point in the course curriculum at the time of the drop/add. Section changes done after the first week of a course must be approved by a dean or associate dean and/or the instructor.
- One hundred percent of the tuition and fees must be paid for added courses. If the reduction in tuition/fees for the dropped course exceeds the fees for the added class, the student will be issued a refund. If the added course exceeds the tuition/ fees of the dropped class, the student will be required to pay the additional amount owed at the time of registration. If the student is enrolled in a payment plan or is receiving financial aid, adjustments will be made accordingly.
- Students who do not attend their first week of class without notifying the instructor or academic dean as to the reason for non-attendance will be automatically dropped from the class without prior notification. The vacancy created by their enrollment drop may be filled by other students seeking to enroll in the class.
Tuition Refund Policy
Refunds are issued per the official refund schedule available at any campus office. Refund amounts are determined by the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Refund Policy and federal financial aid regulations. Refunds will be issued to the student unless a documented third party sponsorship or contract exists. In such cases the refund will be returned to the sponsor or contracting party.
WTCS Refund Policy
- 100% of student fees are refunded if the college cancels a course or if a student applies for a refund before the first class meeting which the student is scheduled to attend.
- 80% of all applicable student fees are refunded if application for refund is made before or at the time 10% of the course’s potential class meetings of instruction have been completed.
- 60% of all applicable student fees are refunded if the application for refund is made after 10% but before more than 20% of the course’s potential class meetings of instruction have been completed.
- No refund is due if the application for refund is made after 20% of the course’s potential class meetings of instruction have been completed.
Refunds Appeal Procedure
All student refunds are made in compliance with the Wisconsin Technical College System refund policy and the policies of MSTC. Students who dispute refund decisions may submit a Student Account Appeals Form available at any MSTC Campus Office.