Dare to be different!
The time is now! Discover Non-Traditional Career Opportunities. It’s never too early to plan your future.
Breaking free of traditional career paths can result in greater job satisfaction and opportunity beyond expectations. High-skill, high-paying career opportunities abound in Non-Traditional Occupations.
What is a Non-Traditional Occupation (NTO)?
NTO careers are defined as an occupation in which 75% or more of the workforce is of the opposite gender. For example, women in welding, criminal justice, and engineering and males in nursing and early childhood education.
Why chose a Non-Traditional Occupation?
- Satisfying and challenging work
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Satisfying and rewarding work in a diverse environment
- Higher salary and benefits
- Occupational fit to your personality, interests, and abilities
NTO Programs at Mid-State
- Automotive Technician
- Civil Engineering Technology - Highway Technician
- Criminal Justice-Corrections and Community Advocacy
- Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement
- Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician
- Electrical Power Engineering Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic
- Farm Business & Production Management
- Farm Operation
- Health Informatics and Information Management
- Industrial Mechanical Technician
- Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology
- IT – Network Specialist
- IT – Software Developer
- Machine Tool Technician
- Paramedic Technician
- Renewable Energy Specialist
- Solar Electric Technician
- Sustainable Heating & Cooling Technician
- Urban Forestry Technician
- Administrative Professional
- Early Childhood Education
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Office Support Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist