Dare to be different
Breaking free of traditional career paths can result in greater job satisfaction and opportunity beyond expectations. High-skill, high-paying career opportunities abound in non-traditional occupations.
The time is now! Discover non-traditional career opportunities. It’s never too early to plan your future.
What is a non-traditional occupation (NTO)?
NTO careers are defined as an occupation in which 75 percent or more of the workforce is of the opposite gender. For example, women in welding, criminal justice, or engineering and males in nursing or early childhood education.
Why choose a non-traditional occupation?
- Satisfying and challenging work
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Satisfying and rewarding work in a diverse environment
- Higher salary and benefits
- Occupational fit to your personality, interests, and abilities
NTO programs at Mid-State
- Automotive Technician
- Civil Engineering Technology - Highway Technician
- Criminal Justice-Corrections and Community Advocacy
- Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement
- Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician
- Electrical Power Engineering Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic
- Farm Business & Production Management
- Farm Operation
- Health Informatics and Information Management
- Industrial Mechanical Technician
- Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology
- IT – Network Specialist
- IT – Software Developer
- Machine Tool Technician
- Paramedic Technician
- Renewable Energy Specialist
- Urban Forestry Technician
- Administrative Professional
- Early Childhood Education
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Office Support Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist