MSTC believes that acknowledging and embracing diversity is core piece of our strength as an educational institution. The Diversity Committee, made up of staff and students, approaches diversity at MSTC as diversity of thought.
This acknowledges that each of us brings something unique to the table. Through our differences we are stronger as a whole.
Fall 2014 Semester Events
- October 6 - Safe Zone Training for Students (Stevens Point) - 1:00 - 2:00 pm. | Community Engagement Room
- October 6 - Safe Zone Training for Students (Wisconsin Rapids) - 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Room T122 - The Hub
- October 22 - Life, In Spite of Me - Kristen Jane Anderson (Wisconsin Rapids)
- October 27 - 31 - Make a Heritage Badge (All locations)
- October 28 - Men and Depression - Face It Foundation | 10:00 a.m. (Marshfield) | 1:00 p.m. (Wisconsin Rapids)
- October 31 - Wear Clothing of Your Heritage (All Locations)
- November 10 - 14 - Stevens Point Square Vet Project
- November 17 - 21 - Diversity Scholarship Raffle (All Locations)
Woman at Risk Events
- December 1 (Marshfield) - 2:00 -6:00 p.m
- December 2 (Wisconsin Rapids) - 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- December 3 (Stevens Point) - 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Diversity News - Monthly Newsletter - Watch your school email to see what's going on at school and in the community.
- Red Shirt Fridays - Wear red to show your support for our troops http://redshirtfriday.net
Students complete an attendance slip each time they attend an event. At the end of each semester, the Diversity Committee gives away a Kindle to a student at each of MSTC's four locations.
Diversity Committee Members:
Christina Lamb - Wisconsin Rapids
Heather Rinehart - Marshfield
Cory Singer - Stevens Point