MSTC believes that acknowledging and embracing diversity is core piece of our strength as an educational institution. The Diversity Committee, made up of staff and students, approaches diversity at MSTC as diversity of thought.
This acknowledges that each of us brings something unique to the table. Through our differences we are stronger as a whole.
Upcoming Spring 2014 Semester Events
- January 3 and every Friday after that: Red Shirt Fridays - Wear red and show your support for our troops (http://redshirtfriday.net/)
- February 3: Empty Bowls Event in Marshfield March 8, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- February 10: CoMeTry - Stevens Point time tbd - Wisconsin Rapids 1 pm (http://www.cometry.org/)
February 10, 12, & 27: Religion Panel - Join us for a discussion about different religions
- Marshfield – February 10, 2:00 – 3:30p.m.
- Stevens Point – February 12, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Wisconsin Rapids – February 27, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- March 10 – 14: Diversity Trivia - Watch for opportunities to participate in this trivia contest. You will have the opportunity to win prizes. We also encourage you to be aware of the largest trivia contest in the world that takes place in Stevens Point from April 11 – 13
- April: Watch for information about joint events with MSTC and USWP related to our Vets
- April 4 & 5: AMSLC Conference - Green Bay - A group of students and staff will be attending this diversity conference
- April 11: Day of Silence (http://dayofsilence.org/resources/)
April 14 & 21: Book Read - "The Little Book of Talents" by Daniel Coyle
- Book discussion MSTC Stevens Point Campus – April 14, 1:00 p.m.
- Book discussion MSTC Wisconsin Rapids Campus – April 21, 1:00 p.m.
- April 29: Community Presentation by Daniel Coyle in Stevens Point – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Sentry Theatre
April 7, 14, & March 31: Hmong group from Lincoln High School
- April 7- Stevens Point Campus at 5:00 p.m.
- April 14 -Wisconsin Rapids Campus at 1:00 p.m.
- March 31st – Marshfield at 1:00 p.m.
- Diversity News - Monthly Newsletter - Watch your school email to see what's going on at school and in the community.
- Safe Zone Trainings
Students complete an attendance slip each time they attend an event. At the end of each semester, the Diversity Committee gives away a Kindle to a student at each of MSTC's four locations.
Diversity Committee Members:
Kathleen Jencen - Marshfield
Laurie Konkol-Gladowski - Stevens Point
Christina Lamb - Wisconsin Rapids