I can’t believe it’s already the end of the 1st week of the semester. More importantly my 4th and FINAL nursing semester!!! Wow it was a busy week!!!! Things accomplished this week………………….
1. Went to my classes and met my new instructors!!! Very excited to meet them. They are all so friendly and helpful!
2. Passed my math test!!!! For anyone looking for review if you haven’t taken the test yet…I suggest Deb Krings homepage. She has a wonderful practice test and i’ve been using it for the last three semesters!!!!
3. Had orientation for clinical!! I met everyone in my clinical group for the semester!! Very excited for 4th semester clinical to be assigned with an RN!! I can’t wait to see how every RN manages their day!!
4. HAD MY LAST SKILLS FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last skills fair……how exciting!!! I passed all my skills so that really set the semester off right!!! My suggestion for skills fair is 1. GO SLOW. Go slow and think out your next step!! This worked for me today on several of my skills today!!! 2. Take a deep breath! If you have to re-do a skill in the skills lab ..it’s ok. Learn from your mistakes! and 3. Have fun!! 4. Remember open skills lab. I was in the lab one day all by myself. I got feedback from two instructors! This truly helped me!
5. I got started on my future assignments. It feels so good to have a start on a lot of my assignments. I already feel a LOT less stressed then usual!!!
Good luck to everyone this semester!!! More to come soon…clinical starts next week!!!