Nursing Assistant Admission Procedures
To apply to the Nursing Assistant program, please complete the following steps and submit documents to the MSTC Admissions Office:
- Complete an MSTC application form and return it with the $30 non-refundable application fee.
Complete the Accuplacer or ACT test. If a student does not meet the required test scores, they may retest or complete an identified structured course(s) in the Learning Commons. Minimum scores required (ACT equivalents are acceptable):
- Reading-Accuplacer score of 55
- Sentence Skills–Accuplacer score of 60
- Math–Accuplacer score of 34
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Complete a Background Information Disclosure (BID) form and return it with the $15 Caregiver Background check fee. The Wisconsin Caregiver Law requires a background check.
- After satisfactorily completing steps 1-4, complete an online information session and accompanying quiz found on the Nursing Assistant accepted student website. This website address will be provided in the program acceptance letter sent to applicants upon satisfactory completion of those steps. In the information session, students learn about the profession, academic requirements of the program, and the impact of program coursework on one’s personal life. Once a student has completed steps 1-4, he/she is then able to register for a Nursing Assistant course. Upon completion of the nursing assistant course students must pass a state certification exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Appropriate proof of identity will be required by the certification testing agency.