New York City Trip
Travel for Credit or Fun!
March 31 – April 4, 2017
Take a bite of the big apple!
Whether for fun or for a great way to earn three credits and complete your requirement for Intro to Diversity Studies (10-809-172), this is your chance to visit New York City!
If you're coming along for fun, you'll visit the same places and have the same experiences as those students taking the trip for credit, but you won't have any class requirements. No homework for you!
If you'd prefer to combine the trip with the class, you'll find that this version of the course will expand your horizons, challenge your thinking, and provide you with memories that will last a lifetime. You'll start with three class meetings that set the stage for a four-day immersion into New York City. Once there, you'll take to the streets and experience a microcosm of the world as you explore and learn about different ethnicities, religions, and ways of living. Back home, three more classes will give you the chance to debrief, reflect, and wrap up a learning experience like no other. Assignments and projects will support your learning throughout the course. This won't be life on Easy Street—your days will be busy—but what else would you expect from the ultimate field trip?!
What will we do?
Our activities and tours are tentative, based upon final bookings, but the planned itinerary includes:
- Harbor cruise
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- Times Square
- Grand Central Station
- Rockefeller Center
- Wall Street
- September 11th Memorial
- Avenue Q, The Musical
- Hasidic Judaism tour in Brooklyn
- Ethnic neighborhood tour in Queens
- New York Islamic Cultural Center
- Tenement Museum
- Instructor-led walking tours
- Unplanned evenings—take in a show, hit up a great restaurant, or just relax!
What's included in the trip fee?
- Round-trip airfare
- Hotel accommodation
- Public transport in NYC
- Admission and fees for all required activities, tours, and sightseeing
- Travel insurance
Please be aware:
- Meals and other personal expenses are your responsibility.
- This trip will involve moderate physical exertion and extensive walking.
Trip + Course Credit
- Trip fee: $1,274.00
- Tuition: $415.11
- Sign up with another student for a $50 discount
- Trip fee must be paid in full by January 20, 2017
- $50 discount EACH if you sign up with another student!
- Must be paid in full by January 20, 2017