Transfer to Mid-State
We recognize that students starting at Mid-State often bring knowledge and skills obtained through a variety of previous educational, life, and career experiences. High school students often take advantage of a variety of Dual Credit opportunities to earn college credit before graduation, and those who have gained life or work experience may receive Credit for Prior Learning credit for knowledge and skills already gained.
Transfer of Credit to Other Colleges
If you wish to continue your education at another institution, contact the college you wish to attend. Receiving institutions will determine acceptable transfer credit. For more information, explore our transfer agreements with other institutions.
Transfer of Credit to UW System Schools
If you wish to continue your education in the University of Wisconsin System, you may be eligible to transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree in several ways.
- You may be able to transfer up to 30 credits of General Education coursework
- If you have successfully completed an Associate Degree, you may be eligible to transfer certain technical support and/or occupational credits when there is a direct relationship between the Associate Degree program and a program offered at a UW System institution
- You may also be eligible to earn appropriate scores on national standardized examinations (e.g., College Level Examination Program) or examinations developed by the UW System transfer institution
- You can take advantage of articulation agreements between Mid-State and certain UW institutions for some programs
- Have individual courses evaluated for transferability by UW System staff
For more information about these transfer opportunities, consult with your college advisors and admissions staff at the college of your choice.
You may also go to the Transfer Information System (TIS) website that was developed by the University of Wisconsin System in cooperation with the Wisconsin Technical College System to help students understand their options and provide information about transferring credits between the two systems.