Strive to Achieve Results (STAR)
You must complete a Mid-State application to attend a STAR session. Fill out an application here.
STAR sessions include:
- Student Accounts presentation (1 hour)
- Accuplacer (if haven’t taken Accuplacer or ACT in the last 5 years) (2 hours)
- Advising (½ hour)
- Registration (½ hour)
How to register:
|Select the Campus of your choice below to see the available dates and times and sign up. (Instructions)|
|Marshfield||Stevens Point||Wisconsin Rapids|
How to prepare:
- If you're taking the Accuplacer, be sure to spend some time practicing to ensure we place you in the correct courses. Access the practice site here.
- If you’re not taking the Accuplacer, no preparation is necessary.
What to bring:
- You’ll need to know your Social Security Number
- Photo ID if taking Accuplacer
- ACT and/or Accuplacer scores if you have them
- High school / college transcripts if you wish to transfer courses to Mid-State
Are you enrolling in one of the programs below? If so, we will require additional information (paperwork). Click the program name to see what additional paperwork is required. Select Program Information Guide to see requirements.
- Central Service Technician
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Health and Wellness Promotion
- Health Informatics & Information Management
- LPN to Nursing
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Paramedic Technician
- Paramedic to Nursing
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist