Parents & Family
MSTC recognizes that helping your son or daughter decide the educational direction to take following high school is just one of many important challenges you face.
Because this is a significant event in your family's life, we have created this section of our website for you; allowing you to explore the vast benefits of higher education, to learn more about MSTC and to serve as your ongoing resource throughout your son or daughter's college career.
Please let us know if you have questions!
Call us: 715.422.5500
Email us: email@example.com
FAQsWhy a technical college?
- It's where communities turn first... Wisconsin Technical Colleges produce graduates who fill critical positions in our communities.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, most jobs over the next decade will require the kind of occupational training provided by Wisconsin's technical colleges.
- Great paying careers - on average, associate degree graduates earn $5,000 a year more in salary than high school graduates!
Ability to start at a technical college and transfer credits to a bachelors degree.
Technical colleges provide education & training for careers. MSTC instructors bring a hands-on approach to the classroom. Students spend much of their time in fully equipped laboratories and simulated work environments. When companies look for employees, they know that MSTC graduates have hands-on experience before they begin the job.
- MSTC offers 100+ career programs and certificates
- Affordable tuition
- Online and flexible learning options
- Hands-on learning and instructors with real-world experience
- Personal attention in classes of 15-30 students
- Financial aid and scholarships
- More than 70% of MSTC students receive some kind of financial aid
- High School - Advanced Standing
- Options to transfer credits to four-year colleges
- Support services to help you become a successful student
- MSTC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- MSTC has been making futures for 100 years!
- Our graduates are in demand
- On average, 88% of MSTC graduates have jobs within six months of graduation
- Several employers recruit MSTC students before they graduate
Reasons Businesses Should Hire an MSTC Graduate
Frequently Asked Admissions Questions
What are official transcripts?
Official transcripts are transcripts with the school's seal sent directly from the school you attended previously.
Do I need to be admitted to a program to take classes at MSTC?
No. Anyone can register for most General Studies classes.
I applied to MSTC in the past. Do I need to repay my application fee?
The $30 application fee is a one-time fee.
How do I know if I’ve been admitted to a program?
Once you have completed all admissions requirements, you will receive a letter indicating you have been accepted.
Do college graduates still need to provide high school transcripts?
Yes, but only if your program requires transcripts.
Is there an Application for Admission deadline?
MSTC continuously accepts applications for admission.
Will a GED or HSED be accepted in lieu of a high school diploma?
Yes. Contact the institution that awarded your GED/HSED and have them send your test scores directly to MSTC.
How does MSTC tuition compare to tuition for a four-year public university?
On average, an MSTC education costs 45% less than two years at a public university.
How do I apply to a program?
Click on How to Apply above to get started!
Is there a fee to take the Accuplacer?
Yes. There is a $20 fee to take the Accuplacer.
If I’ve taken the Accuplacer or ACT in the past, can MSTC use those scores?
Yes. The scores can be used if the test has been taken within the past five years.
MSTC needs a copy of my transcripts. Can I send a copy of the one I have?
No. MSTC requires all transcripts to be official.
Do I need to take an entrance assessment to be admitted to MSTC & my program?
MSTC requires most new students to complete the Accuplacer prior to acceptance into a program.
When can I take the Accuplacer?
The Accuplacer is offered on a daily basis